Heron Timber performs operations for landowners needing quality thinning, clearcuts, or projects of greater intricacies needing more technical expertise. We are capable of doing work in areas of 5 acres and greater. Our business structure allows us to be able to complete all permitting, technical forestry management practices, harvest operations, merchandising, and post harvest care of your property.
Heron Timber performs all of its own logging operations. This includes all types of thinning’s and clearcuts. Typically included in our logging operations is the permitting, marketing, cutting, yarding, processing, loading, hauling, and site cleanup. Keeping everything in house allows us to tailor each operation to the landowners needs. Contact us today to see what we can do for you.
Combining all of our skill sets and technical ability we can and will compile a management plan for your timberlands. Forests are on a much longer time frame than most people conceptualize with in today’s society. Putting a plan together creates a living document that can be passed down from generation to generation that keeps the goals for that specific forest in mind and adapts to the changing ecosystem. In addition, creating a plan sets the landowner up for being part of organizations such as the American Tree Farm System (ATFS) which has a legacy of helping landowners stay on top of Best Management Practices (BMP’s) and continuing a long term sustainable forest ecosystem for the benefit of all.
Many non-industrial tracts of land are not well established for modern day harvesting operations. Before a harvest can begin roads and landings need to be constructed. During the summer months our roadbuilding crew is out constructing roads for our future logging projects. Providing this task in house also alleviates additional tasks that a landowner would have to take on potentially by themselves or have others do for them. In addition to putting in roads for a harvest we can also take them out once completed if it is something the landowner would like done.
With our focus on environmental sustainability we take the non-merchantable product from our logging operations and process that material for consumer use. We have the following species of cured firewood,
Contact for prices.
Free delivery within 20 miles of Sheridan.
Heron Timber has retail rock sales to help meet your landscaping needs. We currently have in stock 1/2” minus aggregate. This material works great for packing in post holes, creating walking paths and patios, or base for laying down brick hardscapes.
We have this material in stock in bulk form or 50lb bags.
Bagged: $3.00/bag plus delivery
Bulk: $36.00/yard delivered within 50 Cottage Grove
We recently hired Heron Timber to do some tree thinning on our property and could not be more pleased. Matt and his crew were very professional and organized. He contacted all of our neighbors before he began logging operations to let them know, and our neighbors were very grateful of his consideration. They made the process very easy for us filing for permits, finding boundary lines and etc. They were also very efficient and knowledgable of their trade and did a very nice and clean job. He was so good our neighbors hired him right after our property was finished. I would definitely recommend Heron Timber to anyone.
Heron Timber operates in a 60 air mile radius from Sheridan Or. Despite that range, we will go further depending on the job. however, it is our goal to create a workplace in which our employees can be home most every night to be able to do what is important to them.
- Began business at the very end of 2011 when the economy was still in the recession.
- In 2013 earned a merit award from Oregon Department of Forestry for our good work in Eastern Oregon.
- In 2014 earned another merit award for our work along Hwy 101 on Gardiner Hill.
- In 2015 earned Eastern Oregon Operator of the Year award for our work in the town of Mosier.
- Since 2012 we have replanted 450,000 seedlings including inside of The Dalles watershed after the Government Flats fire.
- City of Mosier Restoration project after Ips beetle epidemic.
- ODOT Hwy 101 Gardiner Hill project.
- ODOT Hwy 245 Dooley Mountain post fire salvage logging.
- Performed the first ever commercial timber sale in the Gilcrest State Forest.
- Commercially thinned a timber stand to make way for the future Nisqually State Park in Eatonville Washington.
- Performed many “urban logging” contracts in the Hood River area during the Ips beetle outbreak.